• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Looking for bookshelf speakers for my setup: marantz 2252b

snoopvdr

New Member
Hey all,

Looking to upgrade my speakers, currently running some KRK Rokit 5's g1. Don't really love and/or hate them but I do want something a bit better. have mainly been using headphones for the most part, Phillip X2HRs most of the time, DT 770 Pros on the rare occasion I need closed backs.

I listen mostly to hip hop, mostly sample based (lo-fi sounding). also enjoy jazz, prog rock, bossa nova, funk, soul. So I do want something that can accommodate both ends of the spectrum (sample based music and real instruments). Like the soundstage of the X2HRs, not sure how reproducible that is with speakers. Open to suggestions.

Looking to spend sub $1k for a pair, preferably new as finding good vintage speakers can be a mission.


Current setup:
TT - Realistic Labs 420 w/ Ortofon Red
Receiver - Marantz 2252b
Preamp - iFi Zen Phono

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I assume the kit part of that means building it myself? how hard is it to “not **** up”?

I’ve been looking at Wharfdale Evo 4.1s or JBL l52s but still doing a lot of research
 
I assume the kit part of that means building it myself? how hard is it to “not **** up”?

I’ve been looking at Wharfdale Evo 4.1s or JBL l52s but still doing a lot of research
Look into these yes a kit easy to put together well regarded holds its own or stomps bookshelves costing many times its price point one review here
 
i assume I can change the casing in the future if I head this route?
I guess you could yes if you look into the parts they are all quality and are a speaker that you may stick with and be happy with for a number of years they really are a great bang for the buck bookshelf speaker and to move up from these will cost more then the thousand you need to purchase them for a thousand dollars you will have a hard time finding a bookshelf that will take you up as many levels as these ...
 
Back
Top Bottom