• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Looking for good Yamaha Integrated similar to C4

Tdogzthmn

Active Member
Im currently running a re-capped Sansui AU-517 which has been a fun amp to use and quite versatile.

Recently though I became interested in Yamaha amps after learning about some of their classic combos such as the C4/M4 and the venerable C2/M2 pre amp and power amp combos.

It seemed difficult to track down an good C4/M4 combo so I wanted to know if Yamaha made any integrated amps a similar design and technical ability to their separates. I still hope to find a C4/M4 for but thought it might be good to broaden my search.

Also be curious to learn how these vintage Yamaha stack up against my 65 wpc AU-517.

Cheers!
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Yamaha A-1

3316b2dce41bd14b6e863ebc39d53248.jpg


http://www.thevintageknob.org/yamaha-A-1.html
 
Thanks for the tip, that certainly looks like the right integrated I should be on the hunt for.

Hopefully they aren't too hard to find in good condition and at reasonable price!
 
I like A-1's, and over the last several years have come across two that I now own. Usually the ones I saw on ebay were not in great shape and almost always the door hinges were broken. I was very lucky and came across an original owner of one that has some issues, but it is cosmetically very nice. So, net net, they can be found, and at an ok price, but people do seem to understand they are desirable.
 
I like A-1's, and over the last several years have come across two that I now own. Usually the ones I saw on ebay were not in great shape and almost always the door hinges were broken. I was very lucky and came across an original owner of one that has some issues, but it is cosmetically very nice. So, net net, they can be found, and at an ok price, but people do seem to understand they are desirable.

Yes, the few I saw on eBay looked to be in pretty rough shape.

If you have any tips on where to look please let me know.

I’ve been fortunate in the past finding vintage amps in decent condition but it can take months of waiting to come across something in excellent condition.
 
Back
Top Bottom