• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Looking for some Cowboy Mouth advice

BrentR79

Active Member
On the 3rd of July, Omaha hosted the college home run derby followed by what was advertised as the biggest fireworks display west of the Mississippi. Sandwiched in between Cowboy Mouth played a 30 minute set. For the first two songs the sound was so bad I couldn't even tell what they were but the sound guys got it straightened out and the rest sounded pretty good. I had never heard the band before, but from what I heard I want to explore their stuff more.

Our library has a program where you can download three songs a week free and legal to keep. The following is what I have to choose from. Where would you recommend a Cowboy Mouth newbie to start.

Mouthin' Off...Live! France '92
Live at the Zoo
All You Need Is Live
Uh-Oh
Easy
Cowboy Mouth Live!
Word of Mouth
It Means Escape

If their best stuff isn't represented here, what CD's would you recommend I seek out.

Thanks in advance,
Brent
 
Register to hide this ad
They are good and have a good sense of humor. Everybody loves Jill, Jenny Says and Kelly Ripa are funny ones. Are you with me? is the album I like.
 
If I remember right the drummer Fred leads the show. Are you with me?

Yep. Fred LeBlanc is front and center and Are You With Me is their best album IMHO. Uh-Oh is good as well.

I had never heard of them before I saw them in New Orleans at a free outdoor concert at Lafayette Square a few years back. They may be the most energetic of any live band I've ever seen. Great fun.
 
They are popular here in Wisconsin. I know they have had some line-up changes in the last few years though.
 
They are popular here in Wisconsin. I know they have had some line-up changes in the last few years though.

When I saw them, they had Regina Roberts on bass. A hottie who could really play. She went on to play with Cee Lo Green once he hid it big with F*** You.

Winding-down.jpg
 
Last edited:
Wow finnbow, never saw her before. But I did see Esperanza Spalding, just not with The Mouth.
 
Wow finnbow, never saw her before. But I did see Esperanza Spalding, just not with The Mouth.

Regina is more of a rocker (and less of a virtuoso) than Esperanza, but was perfectly suited to her role with Cowboy Mouth. I've seen Esperanza a couple of times. She was at her best when I saw her playing with Nicholas Payton (an excellent NOLA trumpeter) at the DC Jazz Fest a few years back. She's awesome live, but I find her albums a bit too mainstream for my tastes.
 
Thanks for the comments guys, I believe I'm going to search out a CD of "Are You With Me?" and download "All You Need Is Live". Been listening to them on Spotify, and I'll problably end up needing more than those two.

Brent
 
Back
Top Bottom