• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

looking for some help with a couple 8080's

scotty80

New Member
I'm hooked on Sansui since I bought my 350A in 1974, so I've got about 5 receivers now. I've got 2 8080's, and they both have issues. One of them quit playing in the right channel, the other doesn't get out of the circuit protection mode.

I'm looking for some help or a referral to a technician in SE Wisconsin (I'm in Grafton/Cedarburg) that can take a look at these. Any suggestions?
 
Register to hide this ad
If you can solder you can probably get the one with one channel out working. First clean all the switches and controls. If that doesn't fix it, replace the speaker relay. (Requires soldering.)
 
Welcome Scotty80
You can contact markthefixer (Search by name) he Is from Bensenville IL. I live west of you near Beloit WI. I'm on the IL/WI border. I can say that Video Lab In Rockford IL Is a great vintage repair place. Good Luck. Rick
 
Thanks dr* audio

Can you help me locate the relay, and is there a way to check if it's functioning? Where can I get a replacement?

Thank you johnny fever-
I go through Beloit and Rockford occasionally and will look up markthefixer
 
There is an excellent thread (I started it:D) showing how to disassemble these receivers, the location of the relay, and an important modification that should be done:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117552
The part number for the relay is MY-02-DC24 and it's available here:
http://www.onlinecomponents.com/product/2905225/

You can't really test the relay without a power supply and a meter or an oscilloscope, but due to the age of the receiver it's likely to be bad anyway. I would suggest you buy a relay for each receiver.
 
Back
Top Bottom