• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Looking for someone to recap a Technics SA-70/SU-A80 around MD

MOEB74

Active Member
I was wondering if anyone around here knows someone in my area that is affluent in Technics and the SA-70s. Id like to get a recap, alignment etc etc on it and its counterpart the SU-A80 as well.
 
Register to hide this ad
In what part of Maryland are you located? Do you want factory authorized or just capable?

The area isnt a big deal Im willing to travel. And depending where Im at for work, it may work out to go in neighboring states.

When you say factory authorized or capable - what exactly do you mean? Surely Technics isnt going to work on this unit still, right?
 
There are capable techs in Darnestown, Glen Burnie and Springfield, VA. Pretty far from one to the other depending where you live. There may be a tech certified to do warranty work on Technics, others not. If you don't care, it's irrelevant.
 
There are capable techs in Darnestown, Glen Burnie and Springfield, VA. Pretty far from one to the other depending where you live. There may be a tech certified to do warranty work on Technics, others not. If you don't care, it's irrelevant.
Glen burnie would be an easy drive, or Darnestown as well. Do you have personal experience with them?
 
I've used Just Audio when it was in Baltimore and they were good. I think they're in Middle River or Glen Burnie now. I have a Sansui receiver with Electronics Service Center in Germantown/Clarksburg now for repairs. No personal experience so far but they get good ratings. I should have my receiver back in a month or so.
 
I've used Just Audio when it was in Baltimore and they were good. I think they're in Middle River or Glen Burnie now. I have a Sansui receiver with Electronics Service Center in Germantown/Clarksburg now for repairs. No personal experience so far but they get good ratings. I should have my receiver back in a month or so.

How did it go with ESC? I have a Sansui AU-919 that needs recapping. I am in Annapolis, which is closer to JustAudio, but their negative reviews are pretty bad. I don't mind driving a little further. Don't want to ship it. Thank you in advance!
 
Back
Top Bottom