• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Looking for suggestions on an auto or semi-auto turntable

If the auto arm movement is the only problem I suggest checking the steuerpimpel on the Dual. If that's the issue it's an easy five dollar fix to try.
And lots of money saved for nice vinyl.

If not, then I would consider buying something else.
 
I picked up Fluance RT-81 for $249 a few weeks ago for my bar / kitchen area and am quite impressed with build quality and performance. It’s easy to use and that was a primary criteria due to multiple users including my wife. It’s not fully auto but does auto stop at the end of the record. I did put an LP Gear 95VL line contact stylus on it I had laying around and aligned it properly to Baerwald geometry.

Not sure what you’re running it through. I can’t really speak too much to the built in phono amp as I’m just patching it straight to the Marshall Kilburn speaker to the left of it in the picture. Sounds significantly better than the u-turn it replaced and is much easier for friends and family to operate.

upload_2019-1-29_14-20-34.jpeg
 
Back
Top Bottom