• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

looking to have some receivers repaired in Toronto

maff

Member
Hello,

I currently live 30 mins east of Toronto Canada. I am looking for a reputable repair person that can repair a few vintage receivers that I own. I would like someone that is familiar with high end and vintage components. I have 2 Marantz receivers, a Kenwood and a Trio Vacuum tube receiver that I would like fixed. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
Best repair person I know anywhere is here in Windsor. He can work happily on anything and he does astounding work, mods etc. I know it's a bit of a drive from where you are, but worth it....
 
I live 30 mins east of Toronto Canada. I have 2 Marantz, a Trio vaccum tube receiver and Kenwood receiver I would like repaired. Anyone know a tech that is experienced in high end and vintage components in or near Toronto? Any help would be appreciated.

The best tech was probably George Jackson at Experimental Electronics, who is sadly now retired. Best tube tech in the area is Dan Santoni, though I understand he is no longer doing receivers. Tube receivers he might take a look at. Wouldn't hurt to shoot him a message. He is in Hamilton, but it is certainly worth the drive to have him work on gear for you.
Audio Oasis has a heck of a fine tech. They are on Queen E.

What ever you do, I STRONGLY recommend NOT going to Ring Audio Repair on Queen E. Ted is about the most stylish man in audio repair. And thats about all I will say about it.
 
Best repair person I know anywhere is here in Windsor. He can work happily on anything and he does astounding work, mods etc. I know it's a bit of a drive from where you are, but worth it....

Who is he and where is he? I am in Chatham so not far for me to go.
What is your experience with him?....Dave
 
Who is he and where is he? I am in Chatham so not far for me to go.
What is your experience with him?....Dave

Dave, I've sent you a PM with the info. I can't speak highly enough of the gentleman I mention and he's a great guy as well....
 
I had Audio Oasis work on a my Sherwood tube amp and tuner as well as my Dyna tube tuner and integrated amp. They had to rework both sets - I would not even take them out of the store and finally after they were screwed up even worse on the 2nd go around I just took them. Barry when he was open under the Falcon Audio banner reworked the Sherwood pair and made no bones about someones stellerly poor repairs. As they'd never never had anyone touch them beside Audio Oasis, you can take it from there.

There seems to be no one in the city who is really good so I've just started to have units worked on south of the border.
 
Dan Santoni in Hamilton is good for any tube or solid state repairs. He does not do tuners though. I ended up sending a Marantz 10b stateside at a hefty shipping expense to get a repair/alignment.

Hard to believe there's no one worthy of receiver repair in Toronto though. I agree with Bigerik and his comments, a shame George Jackson is no longer working on stuff. He was probably the best and most knowledgeable of vintage.

Goodluck,

Kcin
 
Hi Everyone. I thought I'd give this thread a bump, because I too am in Toronto and need a qualified tech to bring my Fisher 800C receiver to spec. The FM section hardly pulls any stations in (needs alignment?) and the unit has developed a slight hum overall. I had the Fisher upgrade kit installed by a US friend who was visiting a couple of years ago, but he didn't have time to work on the FM section.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 
Hi Everyone. I thought I'd give this thread a bump, because I too am in Toronto and need a qualified tech to bring my Fisher 800C receiver to spec. The FM section hardly pulls any stations in (needs alignment?) and the unit has developed a slight hum overall. I had the Fisher upgrade kit installed by a US friend who was visiting a couple of years ago, but he didn't have time to work on the FM section.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi I am in Toronto and need repairs also; have you had any success? I had some excellent work done by DnA in Kitchener, but it wasn't cheap and is a fair way to drive.
 
I highly recommend the father + son team in Kitchener--DnA Electronics. Worth the drive from Toronto. They only do full restorations which may be the reason they seem expensive. (no affiliation of course to DnA, just a satisfied repeat customer)
 
Hi I am in Toronto and need repairs also; have you had any success? I had some excellent work done by DnA in Kitchener, but it wasn't cheap and is a fair way to drive.

I really should not be offering... I'm a month or two behind as it is, and that doesn't include my own stuff. But depending on your needs I can likely help you out for a more reasonable cost. If you can get your piece to Hamilton, I can get it transported to me in London for whatever you want done. PM or email.... Email is my user name @gmail.com.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Hello guys,
I could offer my repair services in the Toronto/GTA area. Send me a PM and let me know what you would like done.
Regards
Rick
 
Back
Top Bottom