• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

looking to upgrade my tuner

autoexer

G.A.S. man
I have been thing about upgrading my tuner as I have a Yamaha TX-480 and a SONY HD tuner now. I was looking at a Sansui TU-717, ST-S550ES or ST-S730ES. Not sure what good prices are for these and which would be an upgrade?

I have read quite a bit about these tuners and of course too much information! Some real world experence would be appriciated.

I do have an excellent antenna so week station tunning is not an issue
 
Register to hide this ad
The TU-717 and 550ES are both excellent choices. I really don't care for the 730ES. Funky IF configuration, goes for too much money IMHO.

The 717 will sound better the 550ES, but would cost more in initial out lay of money and cost to modify would be more too. When done mod'ing. The 550ES would be a very good tuner, where as the 717 would be near world class.
 
What about a TU-317, i like the size (i know not the best selection criteria, but what the heck!); a good tuner?
 
Back
Top Bottom