• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lost Use of EQ after Tape hook-up

Myvinyl333

Active Member
I hooked up a TASCAM 122 MKII Cassette Deck to a Harmon Kardon hk 670 in Tape 1 and a CDP in to AUX. TT in Phono. But now no EQ. I was going form EQ out of tape 1 to in of EQ...out of EQ to tape in of 2. I am not sure where I went wrong...
 
Register to hide this ad
out of tape1 and in to tape 2 is wrong - doesn't your EQ have a tape loop ? If so then tape1 out to EQ, EQ out to tape 1 in - and tape conected to tape loop on EQ

Press tape 1 on receiver to obtain EQ
 
A cheap Techniques Ebay 7 Channel purchase. I am looking for a better EQ as we speak.
jorge

While you're looking for a better one, unless you REALLY need to EQ - due to some other problem?? - just take the EQ out and rehook as it was. Pass it on to Good Will or other, where a buyer can see & evaluate it before purchase. This presumes it didn't cost you too much & you need to recover some of the dough

DeadHead Ed
 
The ideal setup would be to connect the deck to the tape out/in loop on the back of the Technics Eq, just like jan_stenvs said: Starting again, go from the HK's "Tape 1 rec out" to EQ's "line in" then from EQ's "line out" to HK's "Tape 1 playback". The the Tascam's output goes to the EQ's "Tape playback" and the EQ's "Tape recout" go to the Tascam's input. Keep the "tape monitor" switch in on the HK and use the "Tape monitor" button on the EQ to engage the cassette deck for Playback. I hope this helps.
 
Back
Top Bottom