• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Love my Advent 3s, where do I go from here?

Virgil

People's Republic of Pineland
Subscriber
I've been enjoying my Advent 3s. Of all my old bookshelves they and maybe the AR28bs are great without a sub.

Where in the Advent line should I be looking for any improvement or maybe more of a good thing? NLA? 4002/5002/5012?
 
Register to hide this ad
What are size constraints?

What're you driving them with?

What's the budget?

Can't really help without these answers.
 
I merely wanted to know in the Advent line is similar to the Advent 3
What are size constraints?

What're you driving them with?

What's the budget?

Can't really help without these answers.

I didn't phrase it well perhaps but I meant not in terms of my living room but in a general sense of it's place in the Advent line iow; what is the next step up in the Advents? I have ADS L400s, NHT SuperZeros & AR28bs. They each seem have their own sound which I really enjoy but the Advents have--what's the word--imaging that's amazing.

I'm driving them with a Yamaha TSR-7790 which is the Costco version of the v779 I believe. To be honest it's mostly for convenience; the bluetooth, airplay, screen menu, etc are really nice to have. I just plug in a USB stick with lossless files.

There's an added bonus of pre-outs that I can add an external amp with.

EDIT: The room is roughly 15 x 15 which I sense may be a bit large for these Advent 3s.

Budget? Not really a concern assuming that most Advents will be under a grand. This is an example of what I was thinking would be a step up: 'Reconditioned' Large Advents .
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom