• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Love the smell of old Vintage gear

monreal

New Member
My memory of good sounding music started when I was a kid listening to KRLA on an old Farnsworth
radio and phono combo. Fast forward to the 80's and I bought Phase linear gear from Pacific Stereo
in Pasadena. Now I'm 66 and back to listening to old tube gear. The amp that I have now is a Dynaco ST70
that I finally finished. It has VTA70 PCB with caps and a new look. A Magnavox 185AA and a Prima Luna
Prologue amp. For a preamp I'm using a Mcintosh Ma6200 connected to a Rega Planer 3 with Kimber PBJ
cables. Carver CD player just to warm up the tubes. Sound comes out on Infinity Modulus speakers with subwoofer connected by Kimber Kables 8Vs. Listening room is appox. 18' x 21' two walls have shelfs full
of vinyl. I still have the Phase Linear stuff and some Carver gear (hey it was the 80's) The maggie and the
St70 look was inspired by the Phase Linear gear.
004.jpg
019.jpg
285.JPG
phone pics 171.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Is that the same as old people smell? Was pet/house sitting for the GF’s parents last week, we haven’t been there for a few months... “man, it’s smells like old people”

Nice gears!!! :thumbsup::beerchug:
 
This is very subjective. ;)

Once you get ahold of a nicotine covered piece, you'll know what I'm talking about.
 
The NRG here has a distinct “lots of solid state parts inside of it” smell once warmed. It’s 27 years of age, so there’s a bit of that vintage perfume wafting up through the vents.
 
Back
Top Bottom