• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Low down on Kimber Pbj as a phono interconnect

wapfunz

WapfuNZ
Been reading some conflicting ideas about the use of Kimber Kable PBJ as a interconnect between the tonearm wiring and phono preamp. I was thinking of using it with my Jelco SH370H. Terminating the tonearm wiring and then using the kimber to the phono stage. Any comments. :tears:
 
Register to hide this ad
Been reading some conflicting ideas about the use of Kimber Kable PBJ as a interconnect between the tonearm wiring and phono preamp. I was thinking of using it with my Jelco SH370H. Terminating the tonearm wiring and then using the kimber to the phono stage. Any comments. :tears:

If I remember correctly, the PBJ is not shielded. Just to be safe, I'd go with a shielded cable in that applications.
 
I tried a PBJ on my Dual 1229. I had problems. I swapped it over to my CD player and used the rocketfisk that was on my cd player. All was good.
 
I had them too, and had hum problems with the CJ equipment I was using at the
time. switch to Straight wire and no more hum, It's great wire but it depends on your
equipment that you have.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom