• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Luxman L-100U no audio from right channel

dbox

New Member
Hi Folks,

Thought I'd take a stab and see if anyone has some clues.

I have a Luxman L-100U and the right channel has no sound.

What I've tried:

- continuity tests on all (visible) fuses - not sure if there's any hidden anywhere else
- relay appears to "click" and both visible contacts trip on startup. Relay was replaced ~1 year ago.
- removed PRE-MAIN bridges and ran PREOUT to another amp and both channels work correctly.

Through this last step my assumption is the issue lies with the "main" section. This all happened after a move although (I thought) I was quite careful to ensure it didn't get banged about.

Would anyone that might know these amps know what a further troubleshooting I could do before bringing it in for service?

Appreciate the assistance!
 
Register to hide this ad
removed PRE-MAIN bridges and ran PREOUT to another amp and both channels work correctly.
Through this last step my assumption is the issue lies with the "main" section. This all happened after a move although (I thought) I was quite careful to ensure it didn't get banged about.
Welcome to A.k.
Yes issue is in the output section. No obvious loose wires inside and you're confident of speaker wires etc. Unless you have experience or wish to tackle the job I guess you have the info of where to look. Flip is if never serviced it probably needs a cap job.
 
If relay clicks and problem is in the amp section, check everything. It's probably something simple as if anything is shorted it would not be coming out of protection.
 
Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies. Interestingly enough, I let it sit powered on for a while and I started faintly hearing audio coming from the channel. I turned it up / down a few times and suddenly it engaged and has been working since. Not sure why suddenly that would "fix" it..but it did.

Cheers!
 
If you got it to play at correct volume by cranking it up and it caught then you need to replace the relay. That is a classic symptom of the electronics wanting to go to the speaker getting so backed up the overwhelm the burned, arced, dirty relay contact and the contacts allow a path for the electrons...usually until the unit it turned off.

So get your unit fixed and enjoy.
 
Back
Top Bottom