• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Luxman L-410 or Akai AM-73?

EastOne

New Member
Hi Everyone

I have the chance to upgrade my setup (Luxman L-215; B&W DM601S2; Luxman PD284 Turntable; and my apple laptop for digital input), and have a dilemma:

Luxman L-410 or Akai AM-73? They're both going from the same seller for about £300 in good revamped condition. I love the warmth that I get from the L-215 but crave some more power, what would you do?

Thanks

EastOne
 
Register to hide this ad
While the Akai looks very interesting, I would go for what I know is incredible. I'd go for the Luxman. The 410 in particular is very nice.

However. £300 is not a good deal for that model. Even 200 would be a bit of a stretch.

Nudies of both:

Lux:
8W5jW.jpg


Akai:
398Zr.jpg
 
Last edited:
I would think you can't go wrong with either one but I would say you should make your choice after hearing each. The price does seem a bit high though.
 
Thanks guys, 2/3 sounds like a fairly resounding result for Luxman. I grew up listening to my Dad's L-215 and love the warmth of the sound. I'd love to listen to both of these together but it's an ebay job this time. I think i'll make a best offer on the Luxman and see if I can get the price down, the last AM-73 i saw on sale on London was going for £750, ouch!
 
I'll add one more vote for the Luxman. The Akai appears to be well built but I have never heard an Akai amp sound like a Luxman, and every Luxman I have heard has the same sweet sound.
 
Back
Top Bottom