• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Luxman L-450: happy with 4 ohms?

KevMo

New Member
I was running my Luxman L-450 with a 4 ohm pair of Paradigm 9se last night. Sweet!
I've scoured the site and the web but can't find any definitive answer: Is this receiver capable of driving 4 ohm loads? For lengthy, loud listening sessions?
 
Register to hide this ad
Look at the back of your unit. It explains the speaker impedance requirements for any combo you want to run whether it be one or two pair.
 
I don't believe it is oficially spec'ed for anything below 8 ohms. I was wondering if anyone had real world experience with running that load. It's probably not prudent, based on the age of the receiver. I did find an official spec sheet which only refers to an 8 ohm load:
 
I believe paradigm 9 se is 8 ohm. Luxman products has robust build quality. Most probably it can take a pair of 4 ohm speaker.
 
My 7se's were 6. I had an L210 and it never had an issue with 4 ohm loads although it did get pretty warm.
 
The back of the unit has the impedance requirements for the speakers. Looking at the spec sheet is not always the complete answer. What is says on the unit is another piece of information for the owner to use the unit in a proper manner.

Meter will read the DC resistance of the speaker, not the impedance of its operational frequencies. Close but a couple Ohms off, generally.
 
Back
Top Bottom