• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Luxman LV-105 - suddenly, static

djhill

New Member
I've had my Luxman LV-105 since about 1985 and have never had any problems. Yesterday it started emitting what sounds like radio static on both channels, regardless of the volume setting (even 0) or selected input.

Is this likely to be a failed tube, or something in the solid state section?

Can anyone recommend good repair shops in the Tampa/St. Pete area?

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't know that model but these problems can be caused by many things. Bad power switch, bad ground on a circuit board, oxidized tube sockets, connectors that need reseating, and so on. Gotta open it and start wiggling. Give it a whack on top to see if it's mechanically unstable. You might fix it just by cleaning the switches.
 
Ahh... oxidation - that would never happen in Florida's humidity, right?

In any case I fiddled with all the pots, and the Bass pot turned out to be the culprit. I should probably open the case and hit everything with contact cleaner (do they still make Super Blue Stuff?), but for now the static is gone.

Thanks for the lead!
 
Back
Top Bottom