• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Luxman PD264 w/ Grace tonearm?

hcrenshaw

New Member
I recently purchased a Luxman PD264 turntable and it has a Grace badging on it also. When I researched it, I read that it had a Grace F9E tonearm. Now I am trying to sell it on EBay and I have had people send me messages that it is not a Grace tonearm. Some other sites I have read say it comes with a Microseki tonearm. I am not sure which tonearm it has. Why would the turntable have Grace badging if not for the tonearm?
 
Register to hide this ad
Grace included stickers with their products which you could attach to any turntable for display purposes. If you post some detailed closeup photos AK members should be able to tell you what turntable/tonearm/cartridge you have. While your here you might want to read up on what's involved in shipping a turntable to avoid damage if you don't have prior experience preparing a turntable for shipping.
 
A Grace F9E is the phono cartridge make/model and not the tonearm of the turntable. That series of Luxman turntables were either designed by or built by Micro Seiki, which is a terrific brand of turntable. If you can, please post a photo of the cartridge that is mounted on the tonearm. If it has a semi-translucent green stylus assembly. it is most likely an F9E, which is an awesome vintage cartridge and very difficult to find these days.
 
thanks. yeah, it isn't a grace arme and probably a micro-seiki as previously mentioned. still a pretty good arm though. with an f9e, it sounds like you've gotten a sweet deal. i would be very tempted to keep that one. the sound must be very nice.
 
Back
Top Bottom