• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Luxman R-1040 vs. Hitachi HA-330 vs. Yamaha A-450

Jack Straw

New Member
I am looking to set up a little unit in my basement to listen to vinyl. I've been trolling some online sites and came across these three as potentially interesting.

Does anyone have any advice on which one they would choose between: Luxman R-1040 vs. Hitachi HA-330 vs. Yamaha A-450. I realize the Luxman is a receiver and the others are integrated amps but the tuner is not critical.

Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome.....I Love my Luxman gear....Had R-1050 and R-1070.

LP's.....Marantz 2230 or 1060 (without the Tuner).
 
The R-1040 is one excellent sounding receiver. That would be my choice all day long. More power, better looks, led power indicators and all. Best sounding of the brands we sold back then.
 
Thanks for all he helpful replies. I've ordered the Luxman. Any sources for a remote control ? If I need more power I can always add a power amp but it would have to be very inexpensive and at least 100wpc with a/b speaker capabilities. Any suggestions? Budget is more than tight so the big names are likely unobtainiam.
Best to all.
 
Thanks for all he helpful replies. I've ordered the Luxman. Any sources for a remote control ? If I need more power I can always add a power amp but it would have to be very inexpensive and at least 100wpc with a/b speaker capabilities. Any suggestions? Budget is more than tight so the big names are likely unobtainiam.
Best to all.

Remote? Not on the R-1040
Add a power amp? Not easy with the R-1040.
Cheap A/B speakers, one pair at a time 100+ watt amp, Onkyo M-501, decent but the Luxman sounds better.
 
Back
Top Bottom