• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Luxman R 1120

Register to hide this ad
You're right, it's vinyl and I used Formby's lemon oil on it. The cabinet was in perfect shape, just a few lights out. My first Luxman, and while it is a pretty simple design, it really cranks out the sound. The tuner section seems a bit shy relative to my Marantz, Yamaha, Mcinotosh units, but is adequate.
Larry
 
Any chance you can take a look inside and see how many gangs are in the FM section? Also, does it have a wide/narrow mode for FM??

I have an R-1050 and like it a lot. It has a 4 section tuner, and I'm curious as to what the 1120 has.

Oh, and mine is rosewood vinyl, but a very good one. Fooled me at first for real wood.
 
Luxman

Ok - got the picture posted - inside the R1120. The receiver has an interesting feature - speaker selection for Electrostatic. My cabinet is Rosewood, looks like veneer and not vinyl - but I can't really tell. I've been A/b the receiver with a Marantz 2270 and a Yamaha 1020.
Larry
 
Larry said:
Ok - got the picture posted - inside the R1120. The receiver has an interesting feature - speaker selection for Electrostatic. My cabinet is Rosewood, looks like veneer and not vinyl - but I can't really tell. I've been A/b the receiver with a Marantz 2270 and a Yamaha 1020.
Larry
I saw an ebay auction claim the 1120 had an ES speaker selection - nice to have that confirmed here! Very different inside compared to my 1050. Looks like it is still a 4 gang tuner(?), but hard to tell. Interesting to see that heatsink stick out the back so far!
thanks for the photo!
 
The R-1120 most definately came with a rosewood vinyl covered case. However, some owners may have had them re-veneered with real rosewood.
 
Back
Top Bottom