• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Luxman R1120

Larry

Active Member
My part time system consists of a Yamaha 1020 and a Luxman R1120 - sometimes switch with a Pioneer 1250...coupled with Vandersteen 2ce's, JBL 100's and a Pair of Polk 7B's. From time to time I'll switch the Yamaha with the Pioneer or a Marantz 2270. Then, I let the music take over. I do notice a discernable difference between each of these receivers. I have to say, however, that the Luxman is my favorite. Those of you that love vintage have to a/b the Luxman - it's sweet.
Larry
 
Register to hide this ad
I hate to say it, but my R-1120 sits under my bed in its factory sealed box. When I hit 60, it comes out. Til' then, the only Luxman Receivers I'm gonna be listening to are the two R-117s I've managed to find. :banana:
 
Luxman

I have the little brother Luxman R1040, which my wife and I bought right after we got married in 1980. The reason we got it is that a family friend gave us a pair of speakers for a wedding present.(Monitor Audio MA3) The place he got the speakers from recommended the Luxman. We still listen to both the speakers and receiver on a daily basis. We have several other systems in the house but they still act as our main listening audio system. Those Luxman receivers looked as good as they sound. I'll keep listening until they quite. I must say, I've been looking at the R1120's from time to time and tempted to buy one.
 
I loved my 1120 years ago until it blew up. . .twice. Had it repaired/rebuilt, used it for about six months after that and sold it to a customer of mine. Then it blew up on him not long after I sold it to him with full disclosure of the previous repair and I ended up eating it. Beautiful to look at, great tuner and sound. I guess I got the lemon.
 
Back
Top Bottom