• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Luxman Rx-102 Servoface / Suck face repair info help please?

Welcome to A.k. @Walt Mander
No telling on your inquiries about the phono but I guess you'll just have to dig through this post, get the belt (and gearing if needed) fixed and see. Perhaps others will chime in.
 
Anything is possible, but I can't imagine suck face not working being related to the phono issue. I don't have that model, but on my KX-102 and RX-103, suck face not working doesn't affect anything at all other than making front panel knobs harder to use.
 
I changed the belt in my Luxman RX-102 in maybe two hours one night. It may not be a bad idea to keep a digital camera handy if you don't trust your memory as you go, and be sure to keep your screws in an order you can remember. I am new at attempting repairs, and this was one of my first repairs, and I did the repair without instructions - other than I knew I was looking to replace a belt inside that mechanism somewhere. By the way, I liked the RX-102 enough that I bought its big brother the RX-104 (but I bought that one in non-working condition, and it won't even power on - yet). I've also owned other Luxman gear including a few tuners, R-1050, C-1010, L-210, L-580, R-106 and so on.

As you break into that little box with all the gears, etc... you realize there is a lot of work in it considering that it does so little. I liked the idea that so much extra work went in to making that face move just a little.

(I am also interested in finding the remote control # for the RX-104.)
Did you ever find a solution for a remote. Anyway to use a universal remote?
 
Good day! I've got an RX-102, great shape, but needs the suckface revived. I've got the proper belt. Anyone have the fabled set of "step by step" instructions they can share? Thanks!
 
Good day! I've got an RX-102, great shape, but needs the suckface revived. I've got the proper belt. Anyone have the fabled set of "step by step" instructions they can share? Thanks!

Hello there, I dont have a step by step instruction set I can send you, but i can tell you that i have done enough of these to know that it is really not that complicated as it looks. If this is the first time you have done this, my first recommendation is to take pictures of the area where the servo motor is located so that you have a reference for how everything needs to be put back together. Second thing i will tell you is that the belt is burried inside the servo gear mechanism, so you are going to need to remove and dissemble it in order to get that little belt out. Most of the ones i have done, the belt comes out in one piece; sometimes it may have broke....rarely i have seen situations where it 'melted' but it can happen and if that is the case, you will need to find your self some q-tips, alcohols, patience and a stiff drink to clean out all the gunk. In the end, one you get to the belt, the replacement is very easy...then you simply reassemble in reverse order. All this is probably not what you are looking for, but hope it gives you some guidance/confidences to tackle the job. Best of luck!
 
Back
Top Bottom