• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

M-70 vs p2200

mr_RBG

Well-Known Member
Probably it is too soon, but hope I will be able to fix my M-70(post below).
I have Infinity Kappa 8.1 speakers and it looks like they are not so powersucking speakers as K8, however, people say that they benefit from POWER :). I found Yamaha p2200 amp locally and I wonder if it would be better than M-70 for my kappa's?
 
Register to hide this ad
The P2200 should be a more robust amp given that it's a pro audio model. Whether or not that translates into noticeably better sound or performance I don't know.
 
Thanks! Do you think it is a good idea to bi-amp Kappas with p2200 on the bottom and M-70 in the top?
 
A word of caution. I don't believe the P2200 has built in speaker protection.

I think trying a bi-amp setup with those two amps is worthwhile.
 
Although a 2200 is well thought of, I would stick with the M70.

It's a good, solid, good sounding, pretty, and well protected amp. Replace the X cap on the power input board, NOW. It WILL smoke.

The rated power difference between the two is negligable.
 
Back
Top Bottom