• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MA 7900 Connection with Denon AVR 5200 Front Preouts

Ozgirgin

New Member
Dear Forum Members,
I am happy to be part of the forum.
I recently owned MA 7900 and now trying to connect Denon AVR Front Preouts to MA 7900. I had a successful connection with my previous Int. Ampl. Rotel RA 1570.
As proposed by the owners manual I connected the preouts of Denon to SRVR Input and assigned it as "Passthru". It worked but I needed to turn the volume until 90% manually.
Then I connected Trigger Out 1 jack of Denon to Passthru entry of MA 7900 by a mono 1/8 cable.
I turned on Denon, MA 7900 power out light got dim the information display shows 70% Volume but there was no audio through the front speakers.
I assigned Trig 1 Output to SOURCE and within Source I changed Server to "ON". Still no audio through the front speakers.
Where did I make wrong?
Your comments will be appreciated.
Dr. O. Nuri Ozgirgin
 
Register to hide this ad
You will need to turn PassThru on and assign it to one of your inputs. See page 20 of your MA7900 Owner's manual.

Thanks,
Ron-C
 
Many thanks Ron.
I received the audio through front speakers.
Do you think that 70% Volume level (that is pre assigned) is optimal for such a connection?
I assume McIntosh acts like Power Amplifier to Denon for the front speakers
Have a nice week
Nuri
 
Good, in passthru the preamp or integrated amp will have unity gain through the PT input you have chosen. 2volt in -> 2 volt out is unity gain as an example. You will always need to rerun your HT processor test tones at set up program to make sure the levels match for all channels.

Thanks,
Ron-C
 
Back
Top Bottom