• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MA5100 to Ohm Model I (eye)

duckpin76

Active Member
On Thursday, I am going to go check out a pair of Ohm Model I (eye) that are near me. The seller got these from an estate sale and he says he doesn't have anything to hook it up to. As it so happens I was going to bring in my MA5100 to the local stereo shop to fix a few minor things, so I could stop there first, hook it up to that plus a small streamer I have, to test these speakers. However, will that preamp be a good test? I only listen to jazz and classical so I will not be blowing the roof off with Ohms if I go for it. I also have a Technics SA-GX290 that could easily be brought along as well since that has 70 wpc per channel, whereas the McIntosh has 45 wpc (I am getting these Ohms for another planned amp, which I don't own yet). Which would be better for this trial? Bring just the Mac, or also bring along the Technics?

Thanks,
Brian
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom