• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

mac 2255 for 1400

Register to hide this ad
I have always wondered if the mc2300 has a different sound than the 2205-2255`s?? No idea. This said the 2255 does have the awesome blue meters!!!

The 2300 is sooooo heavy and ugly according to wife!:D
 
You are right my mistake I was thinking of the 2250 that is a great price for a 2255 how bad is the rust?
 
Last edited:
I can see why your wife doesnt like the mc 2300 industrial look and if I were married I would have the WAF too you ought to check out the 2250 does it have the wood case?
 
no wood frame and even though I have not seen it I think the rust is on the surface thus not a deal breaker. I won`t jump but its one of my favorite looking amps
 
well since I learned that Terry D uses a mc2300 as his personal, it might stay! He is a reference to me!
 
Ohhhhhh so you trust Terrys 52 years of Mcintosh experience over mine I'm offended jk.If it were me I would send your 2300 to Terry and have him work has Magic on it and be done with ever having to buy another power amp but thats me!!
 
Ohhhhhh so you trust Terrys 52 years of Mcintosh experience over mine I'm offended jk.If it were me I would send your 2300 to Terry and have him work has Magic on it and be done with ever having to buy another power amp but thats me!!

:nono: I actually value everyones opinion! When I got the mc2300 my first reaction was not to buy but you and other AKers convinced me to put down the cash and haul it away ( :banana:with great difficulty). Its at a local shop now for repair. This being said i think the 2255 is a great deal from what I have seen!
 
Back
Top Bottom