• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mac Dreams!!!

VTGOLFER

Active Member
Last week I purchased on ebay a complete catalogue of all the new brochures as well as the 2007 CES press kit cd. I have to admit it just makes me envy Ivan even more :yes: once you see the high gloss print brochures and realize that in all likely hood he owns at least one if not multi units of every product in the catalogue. :ntwrthy: This press kit has all the new products as well as every product currently in production.

If only I could win the lottery. I could probably make Mac have a very profitable year.:yes: :D :banana:
 
Register to hide this ad
You are doing what I once did while in college - lusted for Mac gear but couldn't do much more.

Back then, I was able to snag an MX-110 for about $400, which was taken during a breaking while living in Ripple City (that part of town just off the University where all the student rentals are). Didn't get another piece until about 2001 and then the bug bit again.

Your turn will come, I'm sure. Keep the faith, baby (anybody remember who said that?).

Cheers,

David
 
VTGOLFER said:
Last week I purchased on ebay a complete catalogue of all the new brochures as well as the 2007 CES press kit cd. I have to admit it just makes me envy Ivan even more :yes: once you see the high gloss print brochures and realize that in all likely hood he owns at least one if not multi units of every product in the catalogue. :ntwrthy: This press kit has all the new products as well as every product currently in production.

If only I could win the lottery. I could probably make Mac have a very profitable year.:yes: :D :banana:


Thanks, come by and visit some time! :thmbsp:
 
dshoaf said:
You are doing what I once did while in college - lusted for Mac gear but couldn't do much more.

Back then, I was able to snag an MX-110 for about $400, which was taken during a breaking while living in Ripple City (that part of town just off the University where all the student rentals are). Didn't get another piece until about 2001 and then the bug bit again.

Your turn will come, I'm sure. Keep the faith, baby (anybody remember who said that?).

Cheers,

David

Good Ol' Telly Savalas...
 
dshoaf said:
You are doing what I once did while in college - lusted for Mac gear but couldn't do much more.

Who loves ya' baby...

Moi aussi! When a teen, it was either Mc-Gear or Yamaha. My work-study wallet settled very happily for Yamaha, and now I'm sorta able to chase after some of this wonderful Mc-Gear from that era and earlier (and perhaps the newer...someday!).

Somewhere in a box in our small attic are all of my 1970s brochures...
 
masterlu said:
Thanks, come by and visit some time! :thmbsp:

I would love to but I am afraid if I did you would not get rid of me. :D
Between your awesome system and beautiful single daughter we might be related by the end of the trip. lol:yes: Well, there we go dreaming again. Someone wake me up.:tears:

Ivan, I have to admit I would love to hear your system especially the speakers. That is one thing that I have been unable to audition is any Mac speakers. I am looking real hard to replace my B&W's and would love to hear Mac's before I make my final decision.
 
VTGOLFER said:
That is one thing that I have been unable to audition is any Mac speakers. I am looking real hard to replace my B&W's and would love to hear Mac's before I make my final decision.

Hi VTGOLFER,

I did have a brief (15 minutes) audition on the McIntosh Reference (2k) system and the first thing that kept me rooted was the LOOKS! Its so imposing! The Amps, simply gorgeous and HUGE! All 3 of them!:yes:

However, once the music came thru the XRT2k speakers, every note open up. I had to leave after 15 minutes cause one thing kept playing thru my mind - SOMEHOW, ONE DAY, I MUST OWN THIS SYSTEM !!! Of course, realistically, probably will never happen! But the experience is really an unforgettable one!:music: :music: :music:

It had to be at S$330k, ......... from MCD/MDA1000+C1000+MC2KW+XRT2K ..... And since I am a Mac Maniac, better wean off my addiction before I do something stupid to go that way!:D

If you are thinking of it and it does moves you (and I do believe it will), and have no problem going for it. GO! You will love it! :thmbsp:
 
VTGOLFER said:
I would love to but I am afraid if I did you would not get rid of me. :D
Between your awesome system and beautiful single daughter we might be related by the end of the trip. lol:yes: Well, there we go dreaming again. Someone wake me up.:tears:

Ivan, I have to admit I would love to hear your system especially the speakers. That is one thing that I have been unable to audition is any Mac speakers. I am looking real hard to replace my B&W's and would love to hear Mac's before I make my final decision.


That's OK, be Brave! :D
 
Jerry Seh said:
Hi VTGOLFER,

I did have a brief (15 minutes) audition on the McIntosh Reference (2k) system and the first thing that kept me rooted was the LOOKS! Its so imposing! The Amps, simply gorgeous and HUGE! All 3 of them!:yes:

However, once the music came thru the XRT2k speakers, every note open up. I had to leave after 15 minutes cause one thing kept playing thru my mind - SOMEHOW, ONE DAY, I MUST OWN THIS SYSTEM !!! Of course, realistically, probably will never happen! But the experience is really an unforgettable one!:music: :music: :music:

It had to be at S$330k, ......... from MCD/MDA1000+C1000+MC2KW+XRT2K ..... And since I am a Mac Maniac, better wean off my addiction before I do something stupid to go that way!:D

If you are thinking of it and it does moves you (and I do believe it will), and have no problem going for it. GO! You will love it! :thmbsp:


The bug is planted, it's all downhill now...

Someday Jerry, you will own them! Believe & Make it Happen! :yes:
 
masterlu said:
The bug is planted, it's all downhill now...

Someday Jerry, you will own them! Believe & Make it Happen! :yes:

Ivan,

U are simply one incredible guy I would love to emulate.:thmbsp:

For once, I have to not only be serious but realistic, I could never ever go that way.:no: Halfway probably, ............ cause I am NOT GOOD at making that kind/quantity of money that U are making (thats half of your equation). :no:

My ending formula would be a pair of XRT30's or the Wilson Maxx 2 and that would just about closes my hifi journey (for the XRT30's, then probably a extra pair of Tannoy Westminsters or Klipschorns for my lonely MC2000). The its done! :music:

I sure wish that someday will come ........ BUT for now, I am sure I am a common man! So, the best I ever could do is either this year or next, during my vacation to the US, be invited over to your place to have a "mouth watering" session and have the hifi experience of a lifetime and live to tell my children years later about the occasion. :yes:

Cheers! :D
 
Road Trip!

Come over & visit. Thing Big & Big things will happen. Most Millionaires are self made! :yes:
 
masterlu said:
Road Trip!

Come over & visit. Thing Big & Big things will happen. Most Millionaires are self made! :yes:

You are exactly right when it comes to most Millionaires are self made with hard work and dedication. I am trying to purchase the company I work for now and I look forward to the hard work and satisfaction in growing the business. I started 10 years ago as the only sales person other than the owner who has completely left all sales to me. Without bragging, I have tripled his business in this time as well as negotiated the purchase of a competing company that is growing and has a huge growth potential. I just hope I can purchase the company before I keep growing the sales and make it unaffordable.:yes:
 
wajobu said:
Who loves ya' baby...

QUOTE]

Not quite on the correct trivia answer: It was Adam Clayton Powell, member of the House from Harlem, NY. Here's a fast bio: http://www.black-collegian.com/african/adam.shtml.

The sound bite, 'Keep the faith, baby', he used in front of the news cameras as he was being censured by the House in a very public way. I always wondered, though, if Telly Savalas morphed his famous quip from that event.

Cheers,

David
 
Back
Top Bottom