• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MAC6700 trigger in?

Johnny Goode

New Member
Does the MAC6700 have a "trigger in" to turn on the unit from another component? I am using an Eversolo DMP A6 network streamer that has a "Trigger out" that I would like to connect to the Mcintosh and be able to turn on the Eversolo and then the Mcintosh automatically but I can't figure out if this is possible. I now realize all the triggers are OUT. I know the passthru trigger is an "IN" but the way I read it it is only for bypassing the preamp and going directly to the power amp, which I don't want to do.

Is there a way to utilize the passthru trigger in or any other trigger to turn on the unit without bypassing the preamp?
 
Register to hide this ad
The manual is confusing. I find it hard to believe that you can't use the passthrough PC input, with Passthru mode set to OFF in SETUP, to simply use the passthrough input for MAC6700 Power control.

With passthru enabled in setup you can preset which input is passed to the power amp, but I'd still hope the passthru PC input would power the unit if passthru mode is disabled.
 
Thank you yes the manual is very confusing. I looked up the current integrated MA8950 manual and they have redid it to make it much more clear.

However I have come to the conclusion that there is no Trigger in. Only Trigger in is in Passthru mode where you use the Mac as a power amp. If you turn Passthru off it will not turn on the unit. Very disappointing for me but it is what it is I guess
 
Back
Top Bottom