Hey guys,
I have a Macintosh MA 6200 integrated amp that I would like to try and use as a preamp for my Dynaco Mk. III monoblock amplifiers. My PAS II is on the fritz and so I have these monoblocks and would like to hook'em up to the Mac.
The mac has a set of jumpers on the back labeled Preamp out/Amp In. I was thinking of pulling the jumpers out and hooking up the amps.
However, the manual has a section called "Connecting a Macintosh Equalizer" that describes using the preamp out/amp in jumper connections to a Macintosh "Custom Environmental Equalizer". Whatever that is ?!
So, Can I just jumper out to my monoblocks without ruining the Mac, or the monoblocks? There is no discussion in the manual of using the unit as a preamp. BUT, I see those jumpers.
Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance...
Regards,
Rob
Grants Pass, OR
I have a Macintosh MA 6200 integrated amp that I would like to try and use as a preamp for my Dynaco Mk. III monoblock amplifiers. My PAS II is on the fritz and so I have these monoblocks and would like to hook'em up to the Mac.
The mac has a set of jumpers on the back labeled Preamp out/Amp In. I was thinking of pulling the jumpers out and hooking up the amps.
However, the manual has a section called "Connecting a Macintosh Equalizer" that describes using the preamp out/amp in jumper connections to a Macintosh "Custom Environmental Equalizer". Whatever that is ?!
So, Can I just jumper out to my monoblocks without ruining the Mac, or the monoblocks? There is no discussion in the manual of using the unit as a preamp. BUT, I see those jumpers.
Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance...
Regards,
Rob
Grants Pass, OR