• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Magnapan MG-1's on Sacramento CL.

Register to hide this ad
There's a lot of info about these speakers here and on the web. I've never owned or heard them. Do some searching to help you decide.
 
Maggies aren't that difficult to drive, the impedance is fairly constant across the entire range, although you do need a decent amount of power (at least for the larger ones). These aren't as rare as the seller makes them out to be, and if I were going to invest in an older pair (actually, I already did), I'd make it one with a ribbon tweeter. Most Maggies of this age need refurbishment.
 
Seller says they sold for serious money when new, they were $495. Good coin but not serious money as far as speakers in the late 70s with ADS L810 going for 425 each.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom