• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Magnavox 1ST212 Console Help

Seancoffey1

New Member
Just received a magnavox 1ST212 150 watt stereo console. Looking for some help getting it into safe working order. I have never worked on an amp or stereo before. The unit does not have the wiring diagram in it so I’m looking for that too. Any insight on restoring these would be much appreciated thank you. I did plug it in for a few seconds and it does play out of the one speaker hooked up. Thank you again
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2345.jpeg
    IMG_2345.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2346.jpeg
    IMG_2346.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2347.jpeg
    IMG_2347.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2348.jpeg
    IMG_2348.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2349.jpeg
    IMG_2349.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2350.jpeg
    IMG_2350.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2351.jpeg
    IMG_2351.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 11
Register to hide this ad
I see this is your first post, so welcome aboard and here's hoping you enjoy your stay here at AK

..I have never worked on an amp or stereo before. .. Any insight on restoring these would be much appreciated thank you.

A couple of things:

Depending on how deep you want to go with this based on the above I suggest you have an experienced, capable tube technician go through it. Your console and the components in it are over 60yr's old and will benefit from being assessed and more then likely replaced.

The power amp looks to be a model "Amp 196" or variation of

Screen Shot 2024-08-03 at 6.00.39 PM.png

Schematic here

Magnavox_AMP196-2.jpg
 
I see this is your first post, so welcome aboard and here's hoping you enjoy your stay here at AK



A couple of things:

Depending on how deep you want to go with this based on the above I suggest you have an experienced, capable tube technician go through it. Your console and the components in it are over 60yr's old and will benefit from being assessed and more then likely replaced.

The power amp looks to be a model "Amp 196" or variation of

View attachment 3266554

Schematic here

View attachment 3266544


Thank you, I appreciated your concern but I won’t learn anything about it paying someone else to fix it. Right now im looking for the basic wiring layout for the unit, tuner to amp to speakers. There’s usually one of the layouts inside of these cabinets but this one has been removed. It’s missing most of the speaker wires and from the tuner to the record player. If the amp still has paper resistors I plan on replacing all of those and I have all new tubes for it.
 
Back
Top Bottom