• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Magnavox ID?

Stevel

Member
I may take a look at this Magnavox console and auxiliary speaker that is for sale locally. It looks very similar to the Magnavox 295HM (with AMP150) I owned, however, the tuner dial is a little different (band numbers are not lined up). The owner does not know the model number. I was hoping the separate speaker was amplified, but I do not think so, as there is only a speaker wire protruding. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • mag1a.jpg
    mag1a.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 51
  • mag2a.jpg
    mag2a.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 26
  • mag3a.jpg
    mag3a.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 28
Register to hide this ad
Check out this AK thread

Stevel, Like later car models, sometimes the only new features were cosmetic (redesigned Dashboard etc!). Your Maggie appears to be a 295 and The console is without a stereo Channel, So my guess is that the satellite cabinet itself might be powered. Go to this AudioKarma forum thread. (http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=192601) hopefully this will steer you towards the answers that you seek.
 

Attachments

  • MaggieContinentalC.jpg
    MaggieContinentalC.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thank you for the info and link, Zandru. I own a few of those Maggies posted on that AK link with the great, vintage advertisements. I hope your are correct regarding the satellite cabinet being powered. I can not get much info from the seller, but asked if there was a power cord out the back, and he said no, just a speaker wire. I will check it out tonight (if it is still available).
 
I've got that console : )

the amp will be stereo, and *99% sure* bi-amped on a single chassis. . . p/p 6v6 for the woofers, SE 6v6 for the tweeters . . .

VERY COOL ! one of the very early stereo maggies . . . .
 
I've got that console : )

the amp will be stereo, and *99% sure* bi-amped on a single chassis. . . p/p 6v6 for the woofers, SE 6v6 for the tweeters . . .

VERY COOL ! one of the very early stereo maggies . . . .
Good call, Markus. Just got home with the unit. It is a 1SR295 H 1. Sure enough, Magnavox AMP182, BI-amp. Has PP 6V6 outputs for 15" woofers, and SE 6V6 outputs for the horns. The speaker is still in my car, so I have not checked the condition.

My 295HM must have been a year or two older. It had a mono AMP150, so I am happy about this new acquisition. The cabinet and top glass panels are in good shape. I look forward to re-capping the amp and tuner, servicing the changer, and giving it a listen-to!

Steve
 
Back
Top Bottom