• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MAGNAVOX STEREOPHONIC HIGH-FIDELITY CONSOLE - $50 (W. Seneca NY)

hwirt

Super Member
MAGNAVOX STEREOPHONIC HIGH-FIDELITY CONSOLE - $50 (W. Seneca NY)

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ele/3173363650.html

5K65Fc5Hf3Ia3Jf3Hfc7u8eb38d35e4d6137c.jpg


5N85G15M83K23Ia3lfc7u2774a56ad5c01e27.jpg


5Gc5Fb5Hd3Kc3N93ofc7ub0780a9d025f14a3.jpg


No Affiliation.
 
Register to hide this ad
one of these came up in my local cl but was asking 150 pretty close to that one they said it was a 1963 couldn't find out if it was a good one or not
 
My grandmother had the exact same console, I recall it sounding quite nice. I preferred a similar Pilot console that she'd acquired somehow that was the "basement stereo" though. Most of the listening I did on both was obviously either FM radio or the turntable, and I really only remember the Pilot having a Garrard turntable, I don't actually recall listening to the turntable on the Magnavox.

Those don't seem to pull big bucks because people need space to put something like that, plus, the stereo separation obviously suffers from having the speakers built in.
 
There's one round our way, but the seller wants $300 for it.

With expectations that unrealistic, there's no point in even trying to negotiate.
 
Yeah, the prices on these run the gamut. Some people are trying to get rid of their junk, and others feel like they have a "Smithsonian-ready" national treasure for sale.
 
One could conceivably put better gear in them, right? I mean, like, if it fits and I wanted to, I could put like a Pioneer unit in there. I believe there are speaker outputs, so you could maybe bypass the stock speakers and plug into something much nicer?

There's a thrift shop not too far that has a console with an Asian flair. It has the whole mid-century thing going on. I think it's awesome, but not $200 awesome.
 
Back
Top Bottom