• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Magnavox unit...

drjohnnyfeva

Well-Known Member
I think it might be 1570 or 1580 (mx-1570 or mx-1580) not sure if the dash is in there or not.

Any Magnavox guys on here that could guide me in finding a power relay or something comparable? Any specs? I can't find them.

It's a 2/4 channel unit. There's actually a switch on the back. It's in the shop because it smelled like skunk at times so I put it in for a tune up. After cleaning it, it wouldn't power on.

Story....... I bought it from an Indian Doctor. His practice was here, but he went back to India to do pro bono. Bought most of his units there on the cheap and brought them back. This Magnavox is beautiful and sounded great before this debacle with the power source. It was in the shop because it smelled like skunk from time to time.

I want to preserve it. I'm lost. The "fixers" say they'll do what they can, but they can't find info.

Help. Please. Here's a link to a pic of what I have in an Indian Version...

edit...to be clear...this is a pic of what I think is a US unit. My "Indian" unit has the same face, same buttons and knobs in same places, exactly, but where the MX is on this unit there is a faintly backlit "bubble x" logo. Otherwise, the units are exactly the same looking.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/73269763/
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
It sounds great too, but it had a short in the power supply, I think. There's a thread on here that another member found. I'll link it here:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/magnavox-mx-1580-receiver-detailed.138658/

Mine is not a North American unit... it had no numbers at all on it. Nothing to identify it other than the Doctor from India claiming he go it in India, telling me all about the Magnavox and Phillips stuff he had. I bought the Magnavox out of sentiment for an old console unit a neighbor had. It sounded great, but stopped working after I blew the dust out of it and DeOxit'd it. Took it in to the pros who soon gave up on it because they could find NO specs or info on it.

We'll see what happens. I hope they can get her going. It IS cool looking. They said they had never seen one like it, so we'll see if we can't get her working again.
 
Back
Top Bottom