• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Malfunctioning SMSL SU-9n

HearyHearson

New Member
I recently purchased a used SMSL SU-9n on audiogon and long story short the optical/toslink input is malfunctioning but the USB works well. I tested multiple cables, sources, and I looked through the menus for simple solutions to no avail. All of my other cables and components work as intended with the SU-9n taken out of the system. However, when the optical input is selected on the SU-9n the audio cuts in and out at different intervals. Have any of you had this issue?

Here is a link to a YouTube video so you can see and hear the malfunction.

SMSL DAC malfunction



A list of the gear I used for testing.

Outputs:
Rogue Sphinx v2 amp
Elac UB5 speakers

Inputs:
Oppo 105d
Caldigit TS3 plus - USB hub
Macbook Pro
LG C3 - TV
 
Register to hide this ad
Yikes! I only got mine 2 weeks ago and love it, its perfect, how long did you have it before it started breaking up on optical/coax. Im coming from a universal player through a hdmi extractor that only has optical/coax so cant use usb even if I need to?
 
Back
Top Bottom