• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 150 Tuner Alignment In South New Jersey

Mark R

VNV VVA 228
Subscriber
Working on rebuilding the Low voltage Power Supply on the M150 Tuner. I'll take a shot there first as most of the caps are shot. But it still might need an alignment.

But Where you ask...I don't know??? Can anyone recommend a shop that has for instants a SENCORE SG80 Analyzer and knows what there doing with tuners? I am in South New Jersey. I would ship it to some one who has all the right gear to do an alignment out of state if they specialized in Tuner alignment. It isn't any easy job and knowledge is required to do it correctly.
All suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance.

​

 
Register to hide this ad
Maybe ask PunkerX here on AK, me may know someone? He used to do tuner alignments.
Don't forget those high voltage caps in the power supply for the scope.
Be careful, there is high voltage for the CRT. The last thing you want is one of those old high voltage caps to short out and possibly damage the scope tube.
 
Thanks Lavane for the reply.
I'll print your post and keep his name handy. I have already made arrangements with someone who does this and has the SG165 and SG80. Yep no all about getting your behind knocked of your seat at the bench. Scope is running fine nice and bright. Might order a spare set of caps for the HV section also.
 
Working on rebuilding the Low voltage Power Supply on the M150 Tuner. I'll take a shot there first as most of the caps are shot. But it still might need an alignment.

But Where you ask...I don't know??? Can anyone recommend a shop that has for instants a SENCORE SG80 Analyzer and knows what there doing with tuners? I am in South New Jersey. I would ship it to some one who has all the right gear to do an alignment out of state if they specialized in Tuner alignment. It isn't any easy job and knowledge is required to do it correctly.
All suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance.

​

you may want to consider contacting one of the alignment guys on fmtunerinfo.com.

Have not been to the site in a while but there used to be several guys who were really good at alignment.
 
you may want to consider contacting one of the alignment guys on fmtunerinfo.com.

Have not been to the site in a while but there used to be several guys who were really good at alignment.
They wouldn't touch my Dynaco FM3. It's not a complicated tuner either.
I've completely restored it too. All new caps, resistors, and even custom made PEC's using much better resistors and caps than the originals along with a few tubes.
This tuner can be aligned using the manual without any fancy alignment equipment, but I just couldn't get it right myself. So, it sits on a shelf. I even had a new faceplate made since the original was pretty bad.
 

Attachments

  • 20220211_113047.jpg
    20220211_113047.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom