• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2215 Power Upgrade

Willie B.

New Member
I have a 2215, champagne engraved faceplate, nicely recapped. I enjoy it.

I have thought about shopping for a 170dc or 250m to boost the power output (and — if being honest — add a little of a stack look).

I am turntable based. The phono section of the 2215 was rebuilt, but I tend to use a V90-LPS for my phono stage.

Am I on the right path here? My space is not that large, so I have not really had trouble with the 2215 — I may just be looking for something to change.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a 2215, champagne engraved faceplate, nicely recapped. I enjoy it.

I have thought about shopping for a 170dc or 250m to boost the power output (and — if being honest — add a little of a stack look).

I am turntable based. The phono section of the 2215 was rebuilt, but I tend to use a V90-LPS for my phono stage.

Am I on the right path here? My space is not that large, so I have not really had trouble with the 2215 — I may just be looking for something to change.
The 2215 doesn’t have a pre out, so how’s that gonna work?

If you have a small room, and you just want a change, maybe buy a different brand with a little more power.
 
Although low powered many cherish the sonics of the 1060 and the 2215.
I have rebuilt many Marantz and the 2215 is really sweet sounding, and a keeper.
 
Back
Top Bottom