Hi everyone!
I'm new to the forum (first post) and I've searched around and downloaded the service manual but I can't seem to find an answer to clear up my confusion.
I am taking delivery of a 2220 receiver in a couple days and I'm reviewing the service manual and watching a detailed restoration video. The author mentions the P400 board and explains it's function very well. The problem I have is that the service manual downloaded from here at AK (as well as the ones at manualslib) and they do not show a P400 board at all. I've looked at the schematic (which is labeled for the 2220b) as well as the parts list and summary of pboards. Not a trace of P400 documentation and no parts in the parts list starting with 4nn.
Having said that, the restoration kits for this receiver on ebay all claim to ship parts for this board, and several threads here on AK discuss working on this P400 board on the 2220. I'm thoroughly confused at this point. Can somebody point me to some Marantz 2220 documentation that includes the P400 board? As I said, I don't have the unit yet, so I can't pop it open and look around.
***Edited to add: So I just went through the manual errors thread and I did find a cryptic reference that said "2220 phono preamp board" so I guess that means it is missing from the board detail section and the schematic, and that the 2220 does, indeed have a p400 phono preamp board. That begs the question, which service manual or schematic should I use instead that comes close to documenting this board?
Thanks for any help,
Bob
I'm new to the forum (first post) and I've searched around and downloaded the service manual but I can't seem to find an answer to clear up my confusion.
I am taking delivery of a 2220 receiver in a couple days and I'm reviewing the service manual and watching a detailed restoration video. The author mentions the P400 board and explains it's function very well. The problem I have is that the service manual downloaded from here at AK (as well as the ones at manualslib) and they do not show a P400 board at all. I've looked at the schematic (which is labeled for the 2220b) as well as the parts list and summary of pboards. Not a trace of P400 documentation and no parts in the parts list starting with 4nn.
Having said that, the restoration kits for this receiver on ebay all claim to ship parts for this board, and several threads here on AK discuss working on this P400 board on the 2220. I'm thoroughly confused at this point. Can somebody point me to some Marantz 2220 documentation that includes the P400 board? As I said, I don't have the unit yet, so I can't pop it open and look around.
***Edited to add: So I just went through the manual errors thread and I did find a cryptic reference that said "2220 phono preamp board" so I guess that means it is missing from the board detail section and the schematic, and that the 2220 does, indeed have a p400 phono preamp board. That begs the question, which service manual or schematic should I use instead that comes close to documenting this board?
Thanks for any help,
Bob
Last edited: