• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2225 mystery

jimbofish

for TRULY GREAT MUSIC
I'm re-lamping a 2225 for my buddy and, in the course of searching this forum for info, I came across this thread... specifically, the pics of the left side of the faceplate.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=122382&highlight=2225

Took me a few moments to notice the difference between it and the one I have here... the four pushbuttons below the tuning meters. The one I have has a Dolby FM 25uS button on the leftmost position and no Low Filter button, whereas the one in the thread doesn't have the Dolby button, but it does have a Hi and Low Filter button. I noticed a pic of a 2225 in another thread that also has the Dolby button.

As far as I can tell they are both 2225's, so what's up with two versions of the same model #? :scratch2:

Would the one without the Dolby button still have the FM Quadradial jack on the rear panel? I've got a couple of Marantz receivers that have the Quad jack, but none have the Dolby button. IIRC Dolby FM and FM Quad are two different systems and neither ever materialized.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 148
Register to hide this ad
Just checked the schematic in the AK database... it doesn't show the Dolby section, just the High and Low Filter version. It does have the FM Quad Out jack on the back though.
 
Dolby Button

My son's is like the configuration in the picture with the dolby button.
Impossible to get at the back to see whats there.
 
Apparently they both have the Quad FM out on the back.

Still wondering why it wasn't given a number to distinguish the two versions. No idea which came first either.
 
Thus far I seem to be finding more references to the 2225 with the Dolby than the one without... perhaps that's the odd version?

So, 2225 owners, does yours have the Dolby FM button or the Tape 1 button as the first one?
 
Thus far I seem to be finding more references to the 2225 with the Dolby than the one without... perhaps that's the odd version?

So, 2225 owners, does yours have the Dolby FM button or the Tape 1 button as the first one?

Hi Jimbofish - Mine has the Dolby button and the same configuration as your thumbnail.
Bruce
 
The 2225 on Classic-Audio has the same configuration.

I just noticed that the OP in the other thread is in Sweden, which may be the reason for the difference. Maybe Dolby FM was never an issue there?
 
The Euro models didn't have Dolby FM. That was a USA thing. Europe didn't venture into Dolby FM so most likely the pictures that you are seeing are of European models.
 
Last edited:
Confirmed. I have a UK 2225 and there is no Dolby button, and the Dolby decoder board inside is replaced with a blanking plate.
 
Back
Top Bottom