• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2225 restoration thread

audiodogster

Active Member
I'm starting to restore a Marantz 2225 that I picked up for $105.

I thought it would be interesting to share the info that was on the bottom of this unit from a previous servicing:


BUN3BCj.jpg

So they measured it at 32wpc at 8ohm at 1 khz both channels driven, and less than 0.03% distortion, better than the 25wpc 0.5% distortion as claimed by Marantz, though I guess the testing parameters may be different.

I'm following what others have done, ELNA Silmic II everywhere except Nichicon KS for the main filtering caps. New relay, trying to figure out some film caps in the smaller values.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have everything but new lights in my possession, working through a few other projects before I get to this one. The heating element in my Hakko vacuum desolderer crapped out so waiting on that to get back to work.
 
Back
Top Bottom