• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

sharboneau

New Member
Hi,
I was hoping someone could help me who maybe had a similar issue. I recently moved and after setting up my beautiful Marantz 2226b, I discovered the R channel wasn't working. My grandfather in law came to visit who knows a little about electronics and helped me check some of the internal fuses. They all checked out good, and when we put it back together low and behold, both channels were working! I moved it back to the living room and it was working good! I was thrilled! Then the next day i turned it on for some listening, and suddenly the R channel wasn't working again!! Does Anybody have any ideas about what i could check to try and fix it? Im not very experienced with electronic repair but my grandfather in law gave me a quick lesson in voltmeter use when we checked the fuses. Thanks so much for the help!!
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi,
Thank you, I will definitely try that! I have a can of deoxit around but have not heard about fader lube. Will post back after trying that to see if it helped.
 
So update, i cleaned all the knobs and switches with deoxit and it is working again! Hopefully it will stay that way! Thanks for the help Sanjib!!
 
Back
Top Bottom