Godi
New Member
Hello AK friends
I just bought a Marantz 2235B, I don't know the story of this receiver and I was planning to do a recap job. I found it ''strange'' that a 1976 receiver would work perfectly, radio, phono preamp, lamps etc every thing is working well even the controls like volume, bass, mid, treble, balance work without scratching noise. I was on line ordering capacitors from Parts Connexion when I realise that the capacitors I was ordering are exactly the same as the one on the boards, I'm talking about the RFS Silmic II Series Electrolytic capacitors . My questions are : does Silmic cap did exist back in 1976 ? What brand of original capacitors we normaly find inside ''70'' Marantz ? Maybe my receiver is already recap ?
If so, I made a very good deal since I payed only $300 Canadian dollars witch represent $231 U.S. dollars at this moment (March 2016).
I just bought a Marantz 2235B, I don't know the story of this receiver and I was planning to do a recap job. I found it ''strange'' that a 1976 receiver would work perfectly, radio, phono preamp, lamps etc every thing is working well even the controls like volume, bass, mid, treble, balance work without scratching noise. I was on line ordering capacitors from Parts Connexion when I realise that the capacitors I was ordering are exactly the same as the one on the boards, I'm talking about the RFS Silmic II Series Electrolytic capacitors . My questions are : does Silmic cap did exist back in 1976 ? What brand of original capacitors we normaly find inside ''70'' Marantz ? Maybe my receiver is already recap ?
If so, I made a very good deal since I payed only $300 Canadian dollars witch represent $231 U.S. dollars at this moment (March 2016).