• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2235b. Help!

Thank you- at least now I have some direction to give the tech when I bring it in. I've decided to bring it to a different place than where I have been bringing it. Hopefully this does this trick. I will update you once I hear back
 
Thank you- at least now I have some direction to give the tech when I bring it in. I've decided to bring it to a different place than where I have been bringing it. Hopefully this does this trick. I will update you once I hear back
I have seen power switches do that, not terribly uncommon. It should also affect the panel lights and that is something one might miss...the other thing, the switched outlet is after the switch so it should also be affected if is the switch. A light bulb might average out the unstable power though. Something you might try next time it happens is turn the speakers off with the speaker switch and see if you hear anything from the unit... if so it might be coming from an arcing power switch, listen to locate the source of it. I believe you mentioned smelling something burning... there should be evidence of that... not always apparent but usually... unless it's the power switch. If it is arcing it will produce a burning smell but you can't see the contacts to know. The problem you are having is major to the unit in terms of its affect and should not be terribly difficult for an experienced tech to locate.
 
Perhaps there is an appliance turning on and you are hearing noise through the power line.

I sometimes hear noise from a light through my audio equipment.
 
I sure will, I'm going to try and take it in this weekend. My hope is that it's an issue that can be fixed. I've had the unit in the same repair place 3 times in the last 6 months. Maybe this time
since it's a fresh set of eyes i will finally find out what's wrong
 
Back
Top Bottom