• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2238B - Looking for repair in NYC area

olivertone

New Member
Hello. I have a lovely Marantz 2238B receiver, which I got on eBay about 10 years ago. Back then, it had just been cleaned and serviced from top to bottom. Now, it's all fritzy and frotzy -- (I believe those are the technical terms :D) -- with one or both of the channels going on & off (or partially off) from time to time.

I'm good at listening to music, but repairing musical equipment is not my forte.

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone in the NYC area who could do a spring cleaning on my receiver? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
 

Attachments

  • marantz.jpg
    marantz.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 15
Register to hide this ad
try this:
www.telradservice.com


Hello. I have a lovely Marantz 2238B receiver, which I got on eBay about 10 years ago. Back then, it had just been cleaned and serviced from top to bottom. Now, it's all fritzy and frotzy -- (I believe those are the technical terms :D) -- with one or both of the channels going on & off (or partially off) from time to time.

I'm good at listening to music, but repairing musical equipment is not my forte.

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone in the NYC area who could do a spring cleaning on my receiver? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
 
Pardon me for bumping up this thread (if that's considered bad manners). My issues with my Marantz receiver are still unresolved, and I am hoping to find someone in the NYC area to repair and service it.
Any suggestions for help would be wonderful. Thank you!
 
If your issues are the same as the original post it would definitely be worth your time to research how and where to use a can of Deoxit.

Before that, with the power off, work all the knobs through the full range of motion and depress the push buttons 20 or so times.
 
If you want to travel, AK member Bob Seece WLHD1610. He rebuilt a Marantz 2270. Nice work. Works like new! He lives in Athens NY.
 
Back
Top Bottom