• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2245 tuner problem

d3imlay

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I've got a Marantz 2245 that I used at my bench for 20 years unitl about 6 months ago. For some reason I replaced it with a 2216 was given to me. The 2216 turned out to be less than relaible so i decided to put the 2245 back in service. While testing the unit I found that the FM tuner doesn't work. When the function switch is on FM there's no hiss or any sound at all. Also the signal strength meter meter never moves which leads me to believe that there is a power supply problem.

My expertise stops at 20Khz. Does anybody have any suggestions where to start. I've got an original service manual.
 
Register to hide this ad
You have the right idea. Check the voltage from the Power Supply to the tuner board. Are both FM & AM out?

Ron
 
speaking of the tuner in a 2245, should the tuning pointer have some lube where it slides? Like dielectric grease?

A friend picked one up at a garage sale today and he asked me what type of lube to use on the slider. Can anyone comment?

Thanks

Craig
 
I hade a 2238 with the same problem. I think it was a regulator transistor in the power supply that "desolderd" itself from heat. Check the supply to the tuner board.
 
If the tuning head has gone south I have one from a 2245. It was not a working 2245 so I don't know about the tuning head, but it looks OK. Your's for the shipping

Rob
 
Did you folks find a solution to this problem? I have the exact issue with my 2250B. No FM, no AM, no static, nothing. VU meters lit but dead. Everything else works great aux/phono etc.

Thanks for any input.
 
MitsuMan said:
speaking of the tuner in a 2245, should the tuning pointer have some lube where it slides? Like dielectric grease?

A friend picked one up at a garage sale today and he asked me what type of lube to use on the slider. Can anyone comment?

Thanks

Craig

I use a special lube made by GripShift -- they make mountain bike shifters. It's safe to use on/near plastics. Available at most quality bike shops.
 
Back
Top Bottom