• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2250b transformer replacement

Lambchopin

New Member
New to Marantz and to AK. Just purchased a Marantz 2250b with a known burnt transformer. Any ideas on finding a replacement? I see a 2270 transformer on ebay, but am wary of using that as a replacement as the voltages are a little bit higher. I've contacted oak tree vintage in Colorado, who has a 2245 transformer, but he advised it would be ok to go higher in value, but not down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Lambchopin
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK and to the Marantz forum! Hopefully someone will have a donor and can source you one. Good luck!
 
I think it is best for you to stick with an exact replacement. I believe that the power amp bias voltages are particularly sensitive to the supply voltages it is receiving. You may not have enough adjustment in the trimmers to establish the correct settings. I am still just learning the analog circuits, so if I am wrong, anyone please correct me.
 
Marantz 2250b transformer?

Thanks gentlemen,
That's what I was afraid of. What are your thoughts on ordering a new Hammond replacement from Mouser or elsewhere? If so could anyone tell me what the output voltages are supposed to read. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't see clearly what the output on the secondaries is supposed to be for the 2250b.
In the past I've had parts in place for reference and more literature to guide me along, but the receiver arrived with all the wires cut, and the primary is burned, so no chance of testing voltages.

Also, not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but I'd gladly pay for a transformer from a donor unit as well as shipping, of course.



Thanks
Lambchopin
 
Back
Top Bottom