• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

marantz 2252B $175

MTaylor

Member
i just bought a buy it now auction from ebay, $175 for a marantz 2252B. he says its in great condition...

is this a good deal? $45 shipping...

i hope this works out, it looks pretty cherry!!!

currently i have a sony str-7055, this is a good upgrade right?
 
Register to hide this ad
what is it worth without the case?
Well, in theory, the "market price" for the very specimen you bought at the time of sale is what you paid for it.

Knowing that this information is not very helpful, and making assumptions about its condition ("very nice, but used and unrestored"), I would say the market value is somewhere in the $100-200 range (w/o cabinet).

A nice WC-22 cabinet could add $50-100 to this base price. My $0.02, others might disagree - YMMV.
 
I paid $165 plus shipping for mine two years ago. :music: It was the first of many, many audio purchases. :tears:
 
You would have paid double that if it had the wood case.

I don't think what you paid is too far off, if it is in great condition.

Rob
 
Probably a fair value, for an eBay purchase. Now that you've bought it, I'd suggest you stop worrying about whether you got a good deal or not (although we all like good deals!) and start looking forward to, and then enjoying, your new purchase. It's a nice-looking and nice-sounding receiver. :music:

Here's a suggestion about the case: I bought a 2252B with a BLACK case. Someone had taken the original case and painted it black, giving it an entirely different -- and VERY nice look. So even if you don't have the original case, and decide not to buy one, consider making one (or having one made) in a semi-gloss or glossy (even piano finish) black. It picks up the dark dial area wonderfully, and is an easier finish to do than a good veneer job.
 
Well, there are people making cases for these so I guess I could always work on that later. Truth be told, if I found this at the thrift store I probably would have spent the same amount on it considering the condition and because I've been wanting a Marantz anyway.

;)
 
Back
Top Bottom