• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2265B

Earnest T

New Member
HI I recently traded for a Marantz 2265B from a friend of mine. Its a beauty nice and clean inside and out, I took the bonnet off and got in and sprayed the pots with deoxit, checked for dc on speaker terminals with 0vdc detected. I then hooked up speakers and great, started to get sound...and it sounded great, however after it warming up for about 15 to 20 mins. I started to get a loud cracking and popping in both channels. It did it on all inputs including FM and AM. I turned it off waited about 10 minutes turned it on played great for 10 or 15 min and started cracking and popping again..any ideas where to start? thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
If you have another amp, you could try running the preamp output to your spare amp and try again. If still crackly, then preamp problem.
If the problem is gone, the issue is on the amp side.
If it's in the preamp, probably those transistors.
 
If it pops with the volume all the way down and the popping was on one channel it would likely be the differential pair of transistors. Are you sure it's both sides? It can be hard to tell if it's really loud. You could unhook one speaker at a time to make sure.
 
Back
Top Bottom