• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2270 bias tracking unevenly

The Fuxtor

Addicted Member
Finishing up a restoration on this guy, doubling back to check idle current ( 10mv across both emitter resistors) and clipping occurs nice and even on both channels easily making expected wpc. I did notice one channel almost double the voltage , basically tracking twice as much once the signal starts ramping up. Is this an issue with emitter resistors or possibly drifted resistors on the amp board?? Is it worth going back into the unit being wpc are good and clipping is equal??
 
Register to hide this ad
Is this an issue with emitter resistors

That seems plausible. Off-hand, I'm hard-pressed to think what else could explain it, if you're sure the load is the same for both channels. (I think you know this, but it would be mostly load current that you're measuring when you ramp up the signal. This would not normally be called bias.)
 
That seems plausible. Off-hand, I'm hard-pressed to think what else could explain it, if you're sure the load is the same for both channels. (I think you know this, but it would be mostly load current that you're measuring when you ramp up the signal. This would not normally be called bias.)
Sounds good, doesn't seem to excessively heat up on the one channel?? Think I'm done
 
Back
Top Bottom