The Fuxtor
Addicted Member
Ok.. this 2270 has had all the tuner boards recapped first off. Carefully done 1 at a time to avoid the silkscreen errors . Problem is after going thru alignment instructions, IF is good, mpx adjustment basically just have you adjust for best seperation ( adjusts very separated!) Ok good. The FM seems to work decent but the Stereo lamp is very dim? I've noticed if I tweak the discriminator coil the stereo lamp will brighten up ( as well as the output ). The signal strength seems to totally drop off when adjusted like this? Of course the reception seems weak as well especially on the lower end of the tuning dial...
Also this being adjusted in this manner results in a fight to get the stereo light to stay solid and not pulsate which I assume is the muting circuit? The muting circuit never dials in properly either? If I adjust the discriminator back to dim lamp, the FM stereo sounds very good ( again still no muting tho??)
Any suggestions to what is happening here??
Also this being adjusted in this manner results in a fight to get the stereo light to stay solid and not pulsate which I assume is the muting circuit? The muting circuit never dials in properly either? If I adjust the discriminator back to dim lamp, the FM stereo sounds very good ( again still no muting tho??)
Any suggestions to what is happening here??