• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2270 Fuses

I finally got around to plopping a 2270 on the bench and taking a scope picture of the power on. The two probes are on the main filter caps as they are the biggest power suckers on power up. Then I did the same with the 2270 that is the international model that was intermittenly blowing the 3A fuses. The waveforms are pretty much identical! The international one does have new 10,000uF Panasonic caps and it does rise sharper, but not by much. I think it charges a bit faster due to the lower ESR. So I think the only issue with it is indeed the wrong fuse.

Here is the standard USA model:
2270 power up 001.JPG
Here is the international one:
2270 power up 002.JPG
 
I tracked down the 4 mystery fuses too. Here's the info:

Fuses 1 & 2 (1A) [yellow wires]: These are on both legs of the secondary that feeds the power supply board at J804 and J805. It gets rectified twice, once for the +35 and +13Vdc supplies and then again for the speaker protection relay and associated circuitry.

Fuse 3 (3A for 220V and 4A for 110V)[red wires]: On the AC mains leg to the power switch.

Fuse 4 (3A)[green wires]: On the 8Vac winding for the dial and meter lighting. (Fuse style lamps)
 
Back
Top Bottom